02 March 2022
3 Tips for an unforgettable Road Trip !
Prepare your trip
If you don't want to see doubt interfere when you're on the road all day long (do you have the reference?), better get organized. But don't worry, since we have advice for you!
The Recipe for a Successful Road Trip:
- Determine the total duration of your Road Trip.
- Choose a region.
- Find the must-see spots in this region.
- Create your route on Google Maps (or a road map for real Road Trippers) and note each point of interest on the map. This will help you, for example, to eliminate stops that are too off-center.
- Calculate the travel time between each stop (we do not recommend more than 300km per day).
- Spread your visits over a schedule and plan wide to really enjoy each step.
- Remember to book the most popular activities, especially in summer!
- Leave room for the unexpected, that's the charm of a Road Trip!
Leave well equipped
When traveling by van, minimalism is essential. Here is our checklist of essentials for your next expedition:
- A backpack and a water bottle for your excursions,
- A sleeping bag, more or less warm depending on the season,
- A knife (why not an Opinel?)
- mosquito repellent,
- A small stock of groceries: tea, coffee, pasta, rice, cans, cakes, compotes, toilet paper, water can and matches,
- Your sunglasses, whatever the season,
- A first-aid kit,
- A flashlight or headlamp.
The van life is "roots", and we love it! But we're not going to lie to each other, it's also nice to take a good shower, or take a dip in the pool.
On your route, plan a few stops in comfortable accommodation or simply with a few services nearby. Who says cozy bed, does not necessarily mean hotel or apartment in the city center.
You can treat yourself to this luxury in the heart of nature on our nature campsites, you will enjoy the much appreciated dose of comfort you are looking for: toilets, showers, laundry, service area... But above all you will enjoy a swimming pool, a café and restaurant, a small grocery store with fresh bread every morning, and even wifi access.
With us, the pitches are large and allow you to add a tent for visiting friends, for example.
You can also treat yourself to a night in a good cozy bed for one night in one of our canvas and wood accommodations.
Bonus: we tested for you
Going on an adventure in a van for the first time can be intimidating. To test the adventure without risk taking, consider renting a fitted van.
With Blacksheep, you can create a tailor-made Road Trip by choosing the van you need: from 2 to 6 seats, more or less comfortable, from the city and for the duration of your choice. Far from the rudimentary comfort of the Volkswagen combi (which has not lost its charm), the Blacksheep camper vans are fully equipped: air conditioning and heating, car radio with jack socket, power steering, sun visor...
And for comfort: an outdoor table, a sink, storage, crockery, a stove and a cooler. Many options are also available: roof bars, barbecue, solar shower, bike rack, child seat...